Monday 7 January 2019

How to Clean Black Mildew Mold from Shower Silicone Mastic Sealant Caulking

I can't believe its 5.5 years since I made this my first fixed1t youTube video, and it works just as well today as it did back then.  If you have silicon sealant caulking around your bath, shower and sink that has become blackened or stained by mildew then this is the video solution for you.  In this video I used a Thick Liquid Bleach called Grot Buster which is sadly no longer available. However, I've had excellent results with other Thick Liquid Bleaches, like Mr Muscle Thick Bleach, the thicker the better.

This video is DELIBERATELY LONG, but for a reason, it shows in time lapses real time exactly how the process works and the effect the bleach has on the mouldy sealant.  I therefore seriously recommend you watch the whole thing.

I've had a small number of negatives but these are mainly from people who think its much better to strip off the whole sealant with hazardous chemicals and re-apply it from scratch at great cost, or should I say perhaps from people who would like you to pay them a few hundred dollars to do the job for you ;-)

If you have mouldy sealant (it doesn't mean you have a dirty home) then within a few minutes per hour for a few days you can make it disappear, and once the bleach has cleared it it will stay white for some time.

Regards Malcolm aka #fixed1tMONEYSAVINGtips



No comments:

Post a Comment